SIPOC is another high-level mapping tool that can be used to define your process starting with the suppliers ending with the customers. It is a great tool to help define the scope and boundaries around a process that you are trying to improve. Each letter in SIPOC is represented below.
- S – Suppliers: Provide information or materials to the process
- I – Inputs: Information or materials that are transformed by the process
- P – Process: A series of steps that transform the inputs
- O – Outputs: The product or service used by the customer
- C – Customers: Users of the output
SIPOC Example: Patient visit to a doctor’s office
Suppliers – Medical Facility, Medical Equipment, Providers
Inputs – Patient History, Patient Symptoms
Process – See steps 1.0 – 5.0 above
Outputs – Diagnosis, Prescription, Payment
Customers – Patients
Branner Consulting, LLC can assist you at any stage along your process improvement journey. Contact us to get started.