I was reading small business news feeds on various social media platforms and noticed a theme. I read a plethora of articles dedicated to how to start, finance, and/or market your small business. However, I had difficulty finding articles dedicated to operating a small business. Where are these articles?
As a result, I developed a list of 5 questions to ask future and existing Small Business Owners.
- Do you know how to run the day-to-day operations of your small business?
- Do you have the infrastructure in place to invoice and accept payments for your product or service?
- Do you know how to scale or improve your business once you start to grow a larger customer base?
- Do you know how to ship your product or deliver your service in the most cost effective and efficient way?
- Do you know how to service your customers when they have questions or concerns?
When you research the reasons small businesses fail, once you get past “financing,” the remaining reasons are operational (location, inventory, service and fulfillment, invoicing, payments processing, etc).
As you prepare to start up a new business or grow an existing business, remember the importance of operations management.
Branner Consulting, LLC can help you identify, document, measure, monitor, and improve your key business operations processes. Our signature service is performing Business Operations Reviews for small businesses. Using thought leadership and industry specific bench-marking, our team evaluates the current state of client’s day to day operations to determine best practices, lessons learned, and opportunities for business process improvements. We help you identify potential problems and help you solve them!