All businesses or organizations must continue to improve their business processes such that they offer excellent products or services to their customers while remaining cost effective and efficient.
As a champion or project leader in these efforts, what questions are you asking to drive towards significant process improvement impacts? We have put together a list of questions below that should be considered as you try to continue to improve your business or organization.
10 Useful Process Improvement Questions:
- How often do you meet the customer specification for your product or service?
- How much time does a customer have to wait for your product or service?
- How much does it cost to provide one unit of your product or service?
- How do you measure customer satisfaction with your product or service?
- How do you measure if there is a defect in the output of the process?
- Do you know the relationship between any defects in your product and your business processes?
- What is your key operational performance metric that determines if your business processes are performing well?
- Have you documented your key business processes (Process Mapping)?
- Do you measure the amount of time it takes to complete key process steps (Cycle Time)?
- Do you have any steps in your key business processes that are bottlenecks?
The questions outlined are only a few in the journey to continuous process improvement. Branner Consulting, LLC can help you at any stage along your journey from process documentation to implementing process improvement projects. We also provide coaching and training in Six Sigma and Lean methodologies. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.