It’s 2016! Happy New Year from Branner Consulting, LLC!
You made it and you have a great business!
Let’s make sure your business operates smoothly throughout 2016. Let’s ensure you don’t forget about “operations management”.
I know what you are thinking.
What is operations management?
Google it and see what you get….
Top 3 google responses for “What is Operations Management?”:
- Wikipedia is number one with its definition:
- “Operations management is an area of management concerned with overseeing, designing, and controlling the process of production and redesigning business operations in the production of goods or services.”
- MIT Sloan School of Business takes the number two spot on my google search with its definition:
- “Operations Management deals with the design and management of products, processes, services and supply chains. It considers the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources that firms need to deliver the goods and services their clients want.”
- TopMBA.com is third with its definition:
- “Operations management is chiefly concerned with planning, organizing and supervising in the context of production, manufacturing or the provision of services. As such, it is delivery-focused, ensuring that an organization successfully turns inputs to outputs in an efficient manner.”
Now that you know the “academic” definition of “operations management”, what does it mean to you and your business?
It means these 3 things to your business success.
Know and understand your key business operations processes that enable you to deliver your product or service efficiently at the highest quality at the optimal cost.
Document and measure the key metrics associated with your key business operations processes.
Monitor the performance of your key business operations processes over time and setup periodic business operations reviews.
You can’t improve what you don’t measure!
Branner Consulting, LLC can help you identify, document, measure, monitor, and improve your key business operations processes. Our signature service is performing Business Operations Reviews for small businesses. Contact us today to get started. Using thought leadership and industry specific benchmarking, our team evaluates the current state of client’s day to day operations to determine best practices, lessons learned, and opportunities for business process improvements. We help you identify potential problems and help you solve them!